CPC - Caspian Policy Center
Caspian Ambassadorial Briefing: The Organization of Turkic States
To follow the summit of the Turkic Council in Istanbul this November, the Caspian Policy Center is organizing a special ambassadorial briefing. This year’s summit witnessed considerable changes to the Turkic Council, including its restructuring into the Organization of Turkic States. At this event we will hear from the ambassadors of member states, as they share their thoughts on what the organization will mean for the future of the region, and what roles it can serve to facilitate closer ties between the Turkic countries.
In addition to representatives from the embassies, the briefing will include experts from leading think tanks and key U.S. government agencies. Lunch will be provided.
Efgan Nifti, Chief Executive Officer, Caspian Policy Center
12:05–12:10 Moderators Introduction
- Ambassador (ret.) Richard Hoagland, Security and Politics Program Chair, Caspian Policy Center
- Ambassador (ret.) Allan Mustard, Senior Advisor, Caspian Policy Center
12:10–12:45 Ambassadorial Remarks
- Ambassador Khazar Ibrahim, Ambassador of Azerbaijan to the United States
- Ambassador Yerzhan Ashikbayev, Ambassador of Kazakhstan to the United States
- Ambassador Baktybek Amanbayev, Ambassador of the Kyrgyz Republic to the Unites States
- Ambassador Hasan Murat Mercan, Ambassador of Turkey to the United States
- Ambassador Meret Orazov, Ambassador of Turkmenistan to the United States (TBC)
- Ambassador Javlon Vakhabov, Ambassador of Uzbekistan to the United States
Those who wish to attend should RSVP to Jeremy Cohen at [email protected] to receive additional details.